- Now - FPLA Pictures – Once again, we plan to create and sell a 2018 wall calendar to raise funds to maintain the health of our lake. The format for the 2018 calendar will be the same with an interesting picture from our lake being highlighted for each month. We need your help as we would like to get a fresh batch of 12 pictures to put into the calendar. What better way to do this than to have a Photography Contest where you can submit your best photographs for possible inclusion in the 2018 calendar and get bragging rights for one year as your name will be listed under the picture. We are looking for photos that represents life around our lake. Pictures can be from the past or taken this year – any picture that will evoke fond memories or a sigh or a laugh.
- The photos need to be submitted by July 8, 2017which is one week prior to the Potluck Dinner.
- Each person will be allowed to enter two photos in JPEG format, landscape mode and they need to be in high resolution format (3M or larger). Unfortunately, last year we had a couple of great photos, but the resolution wasn’t sufficient to print a full calendar page.
- The Franklin Pierce Lake Association (FPLA) will have non-commercial rights for use of the submitted photos and will use them exclusively for the promotion and fundraising for the FPLA.
Our photography contest to select entries for the Franklin Pierce Lake 2017 calendar was a huge success. There were over 35 entries with photos showing wildlife, fun activities and scenic views from around our lake. The top four vote getters were:
1. Rick Smith - Perched Eagle
2. Art Myjak - Boat Parade
3.Tim Cone - Sunset
4. Steve Johnson - Rope Swing
At noon on July 5, 2015 over 30 boats assembled by Manahan’s to begin the 2nd annual Franklin Pierce Lake Association boat parade. The lead boat led the flotilla around the lake, ending up at the start about an hour and ten minutes later. The following picture is of the lead boat as it begins its exit from Wheeler Cove. Comments about the decorations were that Randy Allen had the most patriotic boat and the one disguised as a fire engine the most unique.
The overcast skies brightened and approximately fifty lake residents and members gathered at the Manahan Pavilion to socialize, eat, and win some awesome prizes. Membership dues were collected, tickets for the prizes were purchased and the fun began. An awesome presentation of food was displayed and enjoyed as prepared by the great cooks of the lake association. Leftover 2015 lake calendars were given away. The plethora of prizes included: gift certificates from local merchants , hand sewn table runners & bags, gift baskets featuring bottles of wine, S ‘more fixings, cabin lake related paper ware, dishes, steak knife set, autographed books, a tree, washer toss game, folding chair, and an inflatable tandem kayak, a beautiful hand painted welcome sign and a decorated paddle. (I think I got them all!) There was also voting on the top four pictures to be included in the 2016 lake calendar. (Tough choices as there was a great selection of photos to choose from). Thanks to all who donated and made this possible. Randy Allen’s pontoon was voted the most patriotic and the Foster’s boat decorated as a fantastic fire engine was the most original and both received a prize. A great job especially those board members who helped set up and cleaned the pavilion prior.
Our photography contest to select entries for the Franklin Pierce Lake 2015 calendar was a huge success. There were over 35 entries with photos showing life and scenes from around our lake. All those attending the Potluck dinner on July 19 cast their vote and selected 12 photos for our new 2015 calendar. The top three vote getters were:
- Heidi & Chris Vaughan - Sunset with Sailboat
- Frank Malinoski - Loon Reflection
- Nancy Cone - Double Rainbow
Following are the top three pictures:
The other nine photos selected for the calendar were contributed by:
Robin Loveland - Winter View of Island Richard Loveland - Hitchhiker Sue Cheetham & Jerry Nye - Snapping Turtle Kathy Cotton - Winter Scene with Lamppost Randy Allen - 4 Chairs James Kahrs - Skiing Kahrs Judy Malinoski - Crane Holly Hill - Blue Sky, Blue Lake Frank Bennett - Fall Reflection
This coming year please be on the lookout for great scenes and activities around the lake so you can enter the photo contest for the 2016 calendar!
Page 1 of 2