At the 2016 Annual Meeting three new Board Members were elected. The new Board Members are Rick Smith, Lori Adams, Linda Patterson.
The officers for 2017 are:
- President - Chuck Nystrom
- Vice President - Randy Allen
- Treasurer - Nancy Cone
- Secretary - TBD
The following are responsible for key roles for 2017:
- Membership - Linda Patterson
- Lake Host Coordinators - Lori Adams and Ron Cheetham
- VLAP (water testing) - Cindy Riordan, Chuck Nystrom, Rick Smith
- Weed Watching - Cindy Riordan, Chuck Nystrom
- Eversource Contact - Nancy Cone
- Publicity -
- Potluck Dinner Coordinator -
- Boat-In - Randy Allen
- Loon Census - Nancy Cone
- Webmaster - Dick Loveland, Rick Smth
- Facebook - Randy Allen and Frank Malinoski
- Fundraising - Randy Allen, RIck Smith, with help from all Board members
- Boat Parade Coordinator - Randy Allen
- Annual Meeting Coordinator - Chuck Nystrom
- Loon Census - Nancy Cone
- Facebook - Randy Allen, Nancy Cone
- Calendar Coordinator - Rick Smith
- Manahan Bulletin Board - Randy Allen, Nancy Cone
The current Board members are as follows, each Board member serving a three year term.
Annual Meeting 2016:
The 7th Annual Meeting of the association was held on Saturday, August 13 at 9:00 AM at the Manahan Pavilion where the business of the association was reviewed with over 50 members Special thanks for all their hard work to those whose terms expired: Frank Malinoski, Lucy Hill and Pat Nash. Rick Smith, Linda Patterson and Sheila Adams were elected to the Board.
Following are reports from members of the Board.
Treasurer - 2016 paid membership of approximately 73 families which is just about the same as last year. Please get the word out to your neighbors who have not joined. ·At 8/31 we have $6,001.19 in our Reserve Fund and $3,074.48 in our operating account. We still need to pay for water testing. Great job everyone!
Lake Host:- We have Lake Hosts at the boat launch in Manahan Park each weekend. As of 8/31/2016 we had 515 inspections which are up significantly from 2015 which saw 403. There have been no “saves” which are observations of invasive aquatic plants on the boats or trailers. Our Lake Hosts are the first line of defense against any invasive species.
Weed Watchers - The Weed Watchers continuously perform performed a review of most areas around the lake and no invasive species were detected. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! We have also requested that Manahan Trust put $5,000 in reserve for any potential invasive weed eradications.
Water Testing - Overall, the readings remain relatively stable and our lake is healthy. The water is much clearer this year.
Presentations - Presentation by Officer Seth Alie from Marine Patrol who had a very educational and interactive presentation and answered many questions. The most frequent violation is not maintaining at least 150 feet from another boat.